Bastion

Bastion

Monday 10 March 2014

All Change - Again

A few people has asked me recently what I am planning to do this year and to be honest I thought I had got my season all plotted out, well nearly. On Friday last week it did all finally fall into place when I was announced as a winner of a Erdinger Alkoholfrei UK competition to win an entry into Challenge Weymouth. I must say a huge thanks to Erdinger Alkoholfrei, Just Racing and Challenge Weymouth for the prize, it is very greatly appreciated, and I really do aim to enjoy the whole weekend. I wonder if there are any prizes for the fastest bike leg ;)

Now with this ironman distance tri being on the 14th September and the Kent Cycling Association 12 Hour TT being the week before, it does mean I can't do the 12 Hour now. This is a shame, as I have said before it is really close to my heart, but with the Bastion ironman distance event earlier in the year, it will make things easier for my coach to plan my training.

So now my season is pretty much all planned, the first part of the year, well to mid May anyhow is all about defending my CTT TT Series title, with a couple of short distance triathlons mixed in, and then onto training for the Grafman Middle Distance Triathlon, which also happens to be the Triathlon England Middle Distance Championship. This will be a good gauge to how good (or bad) I will be at triathlon, I can't really peak for this I suspect, so it will be done with only a very short taper week beforehand I would guess. I am not expecting that the shorter distance triathlons will suit me as I was mainly a long distance TTer, so prefer the longer distances. It really is the middle and long distance triathlons that I really look forward to at the moment.

So for now training is mainly about getting the power out over shorter distances for the TT Series, but soon I know I will have to start upping the miles, and hilly ones at that I guess in preparation for the Hever Castle Bastion.

I hope not to change anything again, I think my coach has had enough surprises from me this year, I have never changed my plans so frequently and so late before, poor girl must roll her eyes when we speak LOL.

Below is a plan of the major races, I might fit a few other TT's in at the long distances as prep for the triathlons, though the thought of doing a race at a lower intensity than I know I can go, and not being at the sharp end as a result doesn't feel me with joy, I prefer to race at the maximum I can go for the duration of the event. We will see if I can fit anything in, as it is there is not a lot of time between the end of the TT Series and the Bastion, so no doubt a lot of this time will be spent on running to get that endurance built up.

Races Planned

March

23rd - CTT TT Series Round 1

April

6th - CTT TT Series Round 2
20th - CTT TT Series Round 3
27th - Sevenoaks Triathlon

May

4th - CTT TT Series Round 4
11th - East Grinstead Triathlon
18th - CTT TT Series Round 5

June

8th - Grafman Middle Distance Triathlon

July

13th - Hever Castle Bastion Triathlon

September

14th - Challenge Weymouth Long Distance Triathlon

No comments:

Post a Comment