Bastion

Bastion

Wednesday 3 November 2010

What to Say

Well on Sunday it is the KCA lunch, and as I am the BAR Champion no doubt I will be expected to say a few words. Now, never really having been in this position, I am struggling to find words to express my feelings.

I was told to say something witty, not too sure I can think of anything witty that would be suitable, so I will probably stick to the thank you's etc.

To be honest it is a great privilege to actually win the title, in fact I have set a few records and first's as well which makes it even more special.

Delving into the history of the KCA BAR (I never knew anything about it 2 years ago), and seeing the names of some of the riders that have won it, it does make you think about the history of the KCA and the calibre of rider you need to be to actually challenge for it, let alone win it. It makes me feel quite humble, that in my 2nd year of TTing, and only 3 years of riding with a club (San Fairy Ann CC) that I have managed to win it, and in a record speed as well.

I know Sunday afternoon will be a magical afternoon for me, and no doubt my wife as well. I just hope that I can make a little speech, without making myself look foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment